With 98.4 per cent of Australian businesses small businesses, we understand the strain it can take on individuals to run their operation.
That’s why it’s Kaibizzen’s core belief that…
“Business owners should run their business rather than their business running them.”
As a business owner, it’s easy to get caught up in the daily demands of running your business. From logistics to finances, recruiting, marketing and more – there’s lots to consider.
From a mental perspective, you are responsible for the success of your company, which can be stressful and overwhelming at times. With so much on your plate, it can be easy to neglect self-care, but this can lead to burnout, decreased productivity and poor decision-making.
By prioritising a little more time to yourself, you can reduce stress and improve your overall wellbeing which can help you to be more focused, productive and creative. Additionally, taking care of yourself sets a positive example for your employees and can even help to create a healthy work culture.
Investing time and energy into self-care has even been shown to assist in the prevention of long-term health problems which can have a significant impact on your ability to run your business.
It’s important to remember that while your business may consume a large part of your time, it isn’t your entire life
Tips for self-care for busy business owners:
1. Prioritise rest: Sleep deprivation can leave you feeling tired, less creative and make it more difficult to stay focused on important projects. Sacrificing sleep for work, then working more to make up for lost productivity, can become an exhausting cycle. It’s crucial to get enough rest and sleep to maintain your overall health and wellbeing
2. Exercise regularly: Exercise can help reduce stress, improve mood and increase energy levels. Find a physical activity that you enjoy and make it a regular part of your routine.
3. Take breaks: It’s important to take breaks throughout the day to recharge and regain refocus. You could do this by taking a short walk, doing some stretching, or simply stepping away from your work for a few minutes.
4. Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness can help to reduce stress and improve mental clarity. Try incorporating mindfulness practices such as meditation or deep breathing into your daily routine to see how it works for you.
5. Connect with others: Social connections can assist to reduce stress and provide support during challenging times. Making time for friends and family, or joining a professional networking group, could prove to be a valuable exercise at times when you need it most.
6. Take time off: It’s important to take time off work to recharge and avoid burnout. Plan a vacation or simply take a few days off to relax and recharge.
7. Eat well: A healthy diet can help improve energy levels, mood and overall health. Make sure to eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables and lean protein. And don’t forget about fulfilling your daily water intake!
8. Seek support: If you’re struggling with stress or mental health issues, don’t hesitate to seek support from a mental health professional or support group. Remember, asking for help is a sign of strength.
Practicing regular self-care is shown to reduce stress and anxiety levels, assist in combating burnout, boost resilience which in turn can help you to be more effective, both at work and in your personal life. We hope you can take something away from these tips and apply to your life for improvements in your wellbeing and your business.
It’s time to make your business work for you. At Kaibizzen, we’re here to work alongside you to achieve the business and lifestyle success you deserve. Learn more about how we work or contact us here.
What does it take to actually remove yourself from the day-to-day grind of business? Learn from our panel of Business Owners who've Been There, Done That.